Get Adobe Flash player

240Z

240Z – 350Z Bracket Spacers

These were the spacers I welded up to weld directly to the 350Z seat bottoms as I needed a bit of space. I did not take pictures on the first round, but I then welded a thick piece of metal to one side that would be welded to the 350Z frame rails. On the top side I then took steel and made a square and welded up the other side. I will have pictures in a future post. The result was I now have room to do what I want with a custom bracket I am making on the floor and the seats will have more total surface area welded to give it a bit more strength.

Pictures Taken: 10/11/2016 (First 3),  10/12/2016 (4-5), 10/28/2015 (Remaining)

240Z – 350Z Seat Swap

Starting the 350Z seat swap into my 240Z.

 

Pictured above was the process of removing the 350Z dog ears to prepare for my setup which invovled some spacers and the like to get the seats setting right.

 

Pictures Taken 10/9/15 (First 9) & 10/10/2015 (Remaining)

240Z Hatch/Tunnel Repair

Continued work on the rear hatch area and a view of my tunnel support…pictures make the welds look terrible but are better in person…and will be under the carpet anyway :)/

Pictures Taken 10/3/2015 (First Four) & 10/4/2015 (Remaining)

 

LD28 Water Pump, 240Z Interior and Rear Hatch Repair

Pictures Taken 9/22/2015 (First) & (/25/2014 (Remaining)

Dash Cap Test Fit & Paint

 

There is quite bit going on in all of these pictures so they will require a bit of explanation. Pictures 1-3 show the new dash cap paint with SEM Black Trim & SEM Black Texture.

Pictures 3 & 4 show some of the damage that my dash had, these is more but you get the idea.

Pictures 4-6 show the original dash painted with SEM – this was so when the cap was on things would blend a bit nicer. I did not use the trim paint on everything…but only in areas where overlap wold occur as you would not see it anyway and the stuff is expensive for a spray can.

The remaining pictures are for contrast only, to show the cap vs original repainted dash. I do not have any final pictures of how things came out yet as Winter came along and I put this on the back burner for the moment, however, the fitment came out very nice with only a few spots that will need to be glued and re-clamped.

 

Pictures Taken 9/17/2015 (First 3) &  9/20/2015 (Remaining)

 

 

 

Dash Cover Test Fit/Modify

Here you can see the dash cover being fitted in preparation for the heat gun.  Things went very well, and there were minimal to any marking from the clamps, which ultimately does not matter as the dash was going to be re-coated in SEM which further hid any imperfections.

 

Pictures Taken: 9/16/2016

Floor Install – IX

The pictures are a bit out of order with engine rebuild as I was awaiting parts and bouncing between working on the floor and the engine depending on how ambitious I was feeling.

Note that the 2nd picture is on the driver’s side area where there is a bend near the pedals. While this is not an exact match to the original, and I am not going to win any awards for welding, I am none the less very happy with the end results. With paint and coating you can’t even tell there was a repair done unless you are right one top of it.

Note I did not take many pictures of the passenger side as there was not as extensive of a repair required. You can see the bulk of that repair in older pictures.

Pictures Taken: 8-10-2015 (First 2), & (8-16-2015)

Engine Rebuild (L28ET) – II

Pictures Taken 8/1/2015 (First 3), 8/2/2015 (4-6), & 8-7-2015 (Remaining)

Engine Rebuild (L28ET) – I

Early Rebuild Pictures of the block.

ARP Main Bolts.

Note: Paint had to be stripped, remaining bits were removed later.

Pictures Taken: August 1, 2015

Floor Install – VIII

 

Wrap of of the base floor installation

Pictures Taken: 7/21/2015 (First 5), 7/22/2015 (6-10), & 7/31/2015 (Last)